Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/2001

Ten years ago today, tradgedy struck the United States. I turned on the tv that morning to watch the news as I got ready for school. It was very routine for me. I remember seeing the headline "Plane hits WTC." I remember thinking, "what is the WTC??" So silly, that I didn't even know what it was. Everybody remembers where they were, what they were doing, as the plane struck the second tower. Myself? I was a junior at Apache Junction High School. I sat in my math class, watching with my classmates in horror as the tower crumbled. We knew our lives would never be the same. I remember students at school holding candlelight ceremonies, moments of silence, etc. I took part in several of them.

So many people lost their lives today. Every year, we stop to remember. Remember the brave men and women who selflessly gave their lives that day. Remember the innocent civilians, whose lives were tragically taken from them. Whether or not we knew someone in the towers, we were all affected.

Ten years later, we celebrate the lives of those we lost. We reflect upon the amazing show of patriotism that occured in the weeks afterwards.

God Bless the USA.

0 comments: